Thursday, August 4, 2011

Meat


Anybody that knows me will know that I am a very big fan of meat, and have no two ways about it. Steaks, lamb chops, pork chops, ribs, basically anything meat based.

Steaks have to be medium to rare, because that’s the way it was intended to be eaten, still pink, a little bit bloody, and well seared. Not well done like some people eat it, that’s basically like eating charcoal with some flavouring. Nothing tender or beautiful about it.

Pork should on the other hand be well done, and the same goes for chicken, I don’t want any tropical diseases from food. If I do get one it must have a better story attached to it than, “I ate a undercooked piece of chicken”.

Enough about my personal preference in meat, and getting to the point, I would not be able to kill an animal; yeah I’m a bit of a softie. I know conditions at abattoirs are horrendous and it’s not pretty to kill an animal, but I have watched the videos that all the vege-lovers send around and I’m still ok with eating meat.

When I say killing I’m talking hunting, like actually going into the bush and hunting for recreational purposes, it’s not the blood or the guts or gore, because that I can handle. The problem for me is killing something else. I am just not able to kill something.


Its taking another life. Even if it is just an animal, it’s still a life, but your meat is delicious and I won’t stop eating you, but rest assured that I won’t kill you.

No comments:

Post a Comment