Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Exercise

Why I love and hate it , and why I have a retarded view about doing it. Well it’s actually quite a simple story and it starts like this. I'm lazy. Actually I am exceptionally lazy. Like probably in the top 10 lazy people I know. 


So now you know why the idea of exercise and sport doesn't appeal to me. It requires effort and participation, and that is valuable time I could've spent watching tv, sleeping or any other non-active activity.

But as with every story there is a crux, a catch 22, a so called spanner in the works. With exercise it's this, yes you might feel stiff, like you never want to move again and leave you almost regretting what you did, but overall you feel awesome.

You feel like you can conquer the world. Just because you did some exercise. That my dear friends, is the spanner. I love exercising because it makes you feel amazing, yet I'm too lazy. Like I will never have motivation to get up and go run, or go ride my bike. How do you start?

How do you work yourself up to just go out there and do it. Because even though I know the payoff is Good, I know I'll also be Ok without it. Ahhhh why is it so difficult to do something that you know is Good for you. It's like sabotaging your own life if you don't. Yet I don't care. Life is funny like that.

Self-Sabotage
It’s sad but it’s true, I always feel awesome, get into the motion for four weeks and then slip up one day, and that’s it, it’s all lost. Then I’m not in the mood anymore, and I don’t want to do it anymore. So either you have to keep at it or stop. So much admin for so little. Dammit.

And that is my retarded approach to exercise   

1 comment:

  1. "But as with every story there is a crux, a catch 22, a so called spanner in the works...." wise words

    ReplyDelete