Thursday, May 19, 2011

Religion


I have tried for a long time to keep my blog free of a religion post and that's the way it will stay for now. One thing that I have to discuss though is all this talk about May 21st 2011 and how it will be the day of the rapture.


For those of you that are totally illiterate and uneducated, the rapture is talked about in the bible as the end of days (1 Thessalonians 4:15-17) when everybody that is alive and saved will rise with the dead that are saved and go up to heaven. This is also the day from when the earth will be left in total turmoil for those who chose not to be saved.

The bible then also states that nobody knows when it will happen (Matthew 24:36), and also says that God knows every thought you have ever had and will ever have (Psalms 139:1-6). Then by all rights nobody will know or can ever know otherwise it would be contradicting to itself.

Yet some self-proclaimed churches say that they have calculated the day based on happenings in the bible and things that were written in the bible now prove that it will be on Saturday. Now I'm no pastor or priest but if I can figure out that God says the date is not known by anybody except himself, then how could these churches know.

So are these people writing these articles for self-gain? Trying to create fame through controversy? Or do they really believe that it will happen on Saturday. I don't know but if I was said nobody will know when something is going to happen and someone predicts it then I would change the date. 

It could be true, or fake I don't know. Check it out for yourself and let me know what you think. That’s about it, see no religion, just people who believe they are better and smarter than the rest of us. 

Please note that this post is not meant in a blasphemous way, and if you interpreted it that way, kindly leave.

No comments:

Post a Comment