Thursday, May 26, 2011

How people change from nice kids to crappy adults

I understand that to grow we have to change and visa-versa. What I don't understand is how some people go from being good upstanding people to scummy slutty low class degenerates.


I've seen this happen many times, you have a friend at school and things are good. Then you go to different universities and 5 years later you reconnect. And that's the biggest wake up call. When you see how people have changed. Your friend that you could relate to, that was your confidant is now a waste of skin.

Or that person is still as immature as at school. Still bragging about pointless things. Personal story time. There is this guy I know, who, when introduced to me was a pretty cool person. We shared the same interests and liked the same things.

Naturally we became friends and it was good. Then we drifted apart and about 4 years went by. Then one day out of the blue he contacts me and starts chatting. It all seemed Ok until I realised he was cold calling me. You know that thing that sales people do when they phone up some people and try and sell their services to them.

And besides the fact that he was just using me, most of the things we had in common were now not part of his new life anymore. Which is fine because we hardly know each other anymore. But then let’s just leave it at that. Don't stuff up something good that we had by using me.

It’s weird how this exciting guy has now become the image of Mr Boring himself. All the fun has been sucked out of him, and has left this empty greedy shell.


I'm naive and always see the best in people but when those situations arise even i can see right through it. Grow up. Life is hard for everyone and all you have in the end is memories. Don't destroy the good ones I have with your greed and vanity.  

No comments:

Post a Comment