Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Creativity

Another one of many life skills which I do not possess. And it sucks, who wouldn't want to be able to look at a piece of wood and think 'hmmm that would make a nice table' or pick up a piece of wire and imagine bending it a certain way and then framing it and selling it as art.



It's people that can create the extraordinary from something ordinary that are the Picasso's of this world. Those are the people that see the world differently to everyone else, where we see normal and plain they see exciting change and possibility.

They are the people that can pick up a piece of paper and a piece of charcoal and create a masterpiece that I can't even draw while trying. They make what they do look effortless and simple, and most annoyingly they love doing what they get paid to do.

Yet for some reason almost all of them sell themselves short and don't ever think that they could make it. It's not good enough or it's just something I do for me. Stop being so full of crap and listen to what everybody has said to you.

If we say wow, we don’t mean that its average or think that I could do it better, we actually think wow. I wish I could draw, anything, but I can’t, it’s just not how I function, yes I can write, somewhat, but not everyone likes what I have to say. You don’t see me saying, ‘ah I’m not good enough, I’m going to stop.’

No I just believe that if you don’t like it you shouldn’t be here. I don’t care what you have to say, my art, aboutAiden, is my creation, my Frankenstein, my own monster and you don’t get to tell me off. you get to merrily delete my link and go read something about cooking. That is most probably an interest of yours.


But back to artsy people.You are Good enough and your work is awesome. We wish to be able to do what you can do with your eyes closed. Now get off your lazy ass and use the talents that you have. Use them to your own advantage and stop moping

1 comment:

  1. You are more creative than what you might think... You create a piece of art by using words. Everytime you write someting insightful or funny, you create... It takes a creative person to come up with things that are interesting enough to attract others to read.

    Just as we, the so called creative ones "sell ourselves short" you do too. And I speak from experience!

    ReplyDelete