Thursday, April 28, 2011

Barney


Everybody that knows the Barney theme song has had it stuck in their head, it's a fact. And as scary as it is it applies to most children themed programs. Bananas in pyjamas, if you know the theme you will be singing it right now.



Do you see what I did there, I proved my point. Well this is actually just about any song that could get stuck in your head. Maybe a Tina turner hit or a Cher wonder. Maybe it's a new song by Martin Solvieg that you despise but it gets played over and over on commercial radio stations.

Teletubbies ,Tinky winky, Dipsy, Lala, Poe. Sorry but I had too. Mostly to accompany your mind in agonizing disarray you will only remember one line of the song. Like ' I'm your private dancer, your dancer for money, and na na na naaa NA NA NA'. That's all I remember of that song. Which makes things even worse because you don't have a whole song to repeat in your head. Just one line.


There is however a very unproven non-technical non-methodical way to get rid of nuisance's in your head. Listen to the song over and over in real life. Find that sucker on youtube and listen the crap out of it. Make that song your own. Put it on repeat. That has worked for me many times.

Well either it works completely or it backfires and just gives you a few extra lines to sing,but that’s still better than one line.Even if it's 'Friday Friday Friday' from Rebecca black or 'I'm so excited, I just can't fight it' just listen to and you'll be good and ready for the next traumatizing song.   

No comments:

Post a Comment